We are building technology that revolutionizes the way people shop for home services – moving, painting, remodeling, and beyond. Using computer vision, we pack the expertise of an on-site estimator into a smartphone. We’re building a world where getting a quote for home services is as easy and interactive as shopping for products online.
Our AI technology has analyzed over 400,000 customer videos in the moving/relocation industry in just the past year (and growing), and we are looking to expand our reach to new industries. We are currently incorporating elements of 3D scene understanding into our technology stack: metric reconstruction, geometry estimation, and semantic analysis from monocular cameras and sensors. We are blending deep learning techniques with classical geometric computer vision and robotics. You will be part of the team building the core computer vision stack and creating the pipeline that will ship to millions of customers. This is an exciting opportunity to be a core contributor to an early-stage company using computer vision to disrupt an industry that hasn’t changed in decades!
- You have a strong foundation in 3D computer vision
- Of particular interest to us are candidates with experience building SFM, MVS and/or dense SLAM systems and working with various 3D representations (e.g. pointcloud, meshes, implicit functions)
- You have familiarity with deep learning techniques for geometry in computer vision
- You have experience fusing different sources of 3D data into cohesive models
- You have a passion for developing novel solutions to research problems constrained by product requirements
- You are a resourceful scientist and a good communicator
- You are proficient with Python and/or C++
- You have a PhD in computer vision or a related discipline with demonstrated experience working with 3D data, or
- You have an MS with 2-3+ years of computer vision experience in industry.
- (Candidates are not screened solely on the basis of their degree. Strong applicants without an MS or PhD are still encouraged to apply!)
- BONUS: You have an established publication record at top-tier computer vision and machine learning conferences (e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NeurIPS, etc.)
- BONUS: You have experience building production computer vision models for deployment in the cloud
- BONUS: You have experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
About The Role
- You will be responsible for fusing together multiple components of the CV stack to produce geometrically accurate 3D models
- You will develop and implement novel geometric solutions for 3D reconstruction tasks
- You will bridge the gap between traditional computer vision and deep learning
- You will help drive peak performance and fast execution for our algorithms
- You will join a growing CV team building the core technology underpinning our product
- You will work with the product and engineering teams to deploy your models and pipeline in production and build tools to evaluate performance.
Why work with us?
- Join a fantastic team at a magical time - Our early customers love the product and we have grown to mid double-digit customers in the past few months just based on referrals.
- Meaningfully shape our future products
- Elevate your skills - We are redefining how consumers shop for moving services and that involves learning how to sell a process changing solution to change the industry. You will learn so much that you can look back with pride to say - “I was involved in transitioning a very old school technology with cutting edge tech”
- All of us here love what we do and you will notice it from our fast-paced culture.
- We have fun as a team - we play Uno at lunch every day and do something fun as a group the last Friday of each month.
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 3 Weeks PTO + 10 Government Holidays
- This role is full-time and based on-site in San Diego. However, remote arrangements may be acceptable due to the current global pandemic
- We are able to sponsor visas and green cards for exceptional candidates
- We place a high emphasis on the desire to perform product-focused research
☀ We are based out of sunny San Diego.