ReactJS, node, SCSS, PHP, Python, MongoDB, AWS, and Kubernetes
Yembo is building artificial intelligence technology that streamlines the shopping process for the 40 million Americans who relocate each year. Yembo's computer vision technology transforms the stressful, time consuming, and fragmented relocation experience into an interactive process that takes only a few minutes. You'll work on a tight-knit team reporting to the Director of Software Engineering and will have the opportunity for growth as the team and company grows. Yembo's web platform is the delivery mechanism for our AI technology, in use for thousands of pre-move surveys each week.
We use a modern technology stack and automate away things that waste time.
What you will be doing
- Creating clean, maintainable, and testable code with good documentation
- Designing, implementing, and testing features in our SaaS product, taking responsibility of features from inception to maintenance
- Learning on the job. You're quick to share tips and tools you've picked up and you're open to learning new things from your fantastic co-workers.
- Collaborating across departments. You are a great team player who works collaboratively with cross-functional teams including UI/UX, sales, and customer success.
- Conduct code reviews.
- Mentor developers.
- You’re willing and able to own the project you’re working on; you foresee potential requirements and go the extra mile to create an intuitive solution.
- Participate in rotating weekly support schedule to handle technical requests from Customer Success during normal business hours
- 3+ years of experience with ReactJS
- Expertise in ReactJS component model and building interfaces from UI mockups or existing web apps
- Proficiency consuming RESTful APIs
- Comfortable with version control systems, preferably git
- Experience with managing application state and asynchronous operations with Context, Redux and/or Redux Saga
- Experience with responsive UI design
- Fluent in English and have outstanding communication skills - both verbal and written
- Experience testing ReactJS using any of the following: Jest, Enzyme, react-testing-library
- Familiarity with modern React concepts such as hooks and context
- Experience using an automated end-to-end testing framework
- ReactJS code you've written is in production somewhere (former employer, hobby project, etc.)
MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Salary/equity negotiable
- Medical/dental/vision coverage for employee and dependents
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours per week.
☀ We are based out of sunny San Diego. We prefer candidates located in or willing to relocate to San Diego after COVID, but we are willing to consider exceptional remote candidates (who isn't nowadays?)
Why work with us?
- Join a fantastic team at a magical time - Our early customers love the product and we have grown to mid double-digit customers in the past few months just based on referrals.
- Meaningfully shape our future products
- Elevate your skills - We are redefining how consumers shop for moving services and that involves learning how to sell a process changing solution to change the industry. You will learn so much that you can look back with pride to say - “I was involved in transitioning a very old school technology with cutting edge tech”
- All of us here love what we do and you will notice it from our fast-paced culture.
- We have fun as a team - before COVID we did monthly team outings, now we have remote happy hours so folks have a chance to get to know each other outside of day-to-day work
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 3 Weeks PTO + 10 Government Holidays
- Sorry, we are not able to sponsor green cards for this position
Occasional but infrequent travel may be required for this position (conferences, customer visits, etc.).
Make sure to include your resume and earliest start date in your application.
Yembo is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as Yembo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.